Plan of Action for Challenging Times, Inc. (PACT) is a non-profit organization that has provided services to the San Francisco Bay Area since 1963. In 1965, Educational Talent Search programs identify and assist students that have been traditionally underrepresented in education to explore training and educational options, and enroll in postsecondary institutions. PACT aims to continually increase the number of low income youth and young adults who enter college or university after high school graduation. Its mission is to promote community empowerment by increasing access to higher education for low income youth and young adults by impacting the school graduation, drop-out and college-going rates.
Both AACE and PACT offer many services for seniors, including:
- one-on-one advising
- transcript review
- fee waivers for the SAT/ ACT
- college application assistance
- personal statement and college essay workshops/review
- FAFSA and financial aid assistance
- field trips to local colleges
- college representative visits at lunch and after school
- application fee waivers for UCs and Private Universities
- College Awareness Nights for families and students
- classroom advising
PACT has provided services to George Washington High School for over ten years. During the 2008-2009 academic year, PACT serviced over 230 students. From 2009-2010, PACT participation increased to approximately 300 students.
Stop by anytime TUESDAY or WEDNESDAY 8am-4:30Pm in the College Center, Room 114!