Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
The George Washington High School community has determined a set of expectations for every student that graduates. These expectations reflect the growth skills and maturation we hope every student will achieve before leaving our institution.
- Apply complex problem-solving processes and higher order thinking skills.
- Analyze, interpret, synthesize, and evaluate significant concepts within various contexts and communicate them in a variety of ways.
- Demonstrate self reflection and originality.
- Meet or exceed the state exit exam and the SFUSD graduation requirements.
Socially Responsible Participants
- Demonstrate knowledge of and sensitivity to diverse cultures as part of a global community.
- Contribute their time, energies, and talents to improve the quality of life in our school and community as leaders and participants.
- Assess their needs and apply appropriate strategies to learn concepts and skills
- Use effective goal-settings strategies to create a positive vision for themselves and their future in order to set priorities and achievable goals.
- Use technology in pursuit of knowledge and skills.
- Respect themselves and others.
- Set, pursue, and accomplish realistic and challenging goals for themselves and their peers.
- Use effective cooperative skills to foster, develop, and maintain relations within diverse educational and career settings.